Loughborough LBS Research + MoMos
LBS Research at Loughborough University, UK:
"The Valued LBS project is a joint academic/commercial research venture, running from June 2003 to December 2005. The partners are ESRI (UK), Ordnance Survey (UK), Yeoman Navigation (UK) and VTT Industrial Systems (Finland).Very interesting - especially their 'Our Research' section, which will be somewhat mirrored by my thesis. While you're there, don't forget to fill out their fun LBS questionnaire: "to understand the relevance of LBS to young professionals". =)
Between them, the partners have expertise in:
Valued LBS is an applied research project – the main focus is on providing answers to research questions that are relevant within a commercial market.
- The human factors of mobile telephony and the adoption of new technology
- Geographical information systems
- Design of travel and traffic services
- The design of mobile devices
The specific aims of the project are to conduct original work to:
- Identify the customer requirements for a set of target LBS users and scenarios.
- Assess the gap between the needs of consumers and current ways of satisfying those needs.
- Develop and test new concepts/prototypes for services and interaction methods that will support enhanced LBS.
- Develop new, multidisciplinary approaches to using concepts of ‘value’ to inform the design of new or enhanced services."
Thanks to Minna Pura of CODE for sending me the link - she also pointed me to Nordic Wireless Watch, another useful site for mobile news - too bad there's no RSS feed! (Yes, I've been reading too much Scobleizer...) I didn't know this, but it seems that the Finns have their own Mobile Monday - I'd only come across Russell Beattie's Mobile Monday before. It would be neat if there was an Auckland-based MoMo...